General purpose of the position
The role ensures INTERSOS maintains high standards of accountability to beneficiaries and other stakeholders in line with INTERSOS and international humanitarian standards. The role supports the establishment, strengthening and management of the INTERSOS Nigeria mission’s accountability framework and systems for efficiency, transparency and quality program implementation.
Job position – Accountability Officer
Work Location – Borno State, Nigeria (Roving)
Reporting to – MEAL Manager
Supervision of – N/A
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Under guidance establishes and implements an effective accountability framework that supports upward and downward accountability of INTERSOS programming in all locations.
· Establishes and strengthens a complaint, feedback and response mechanism (CRFM) in each location on the highest levels of integrity, which beneficiaries will trust, and ensure that they can make confidential complaints.
· Coordinates all accountability issues as they arise across INTERSOS Nigeria projects implementation.
· Monitors complaints received and response (follow-up) processes through developing and maintaining a tracking mechanism.
· Regularly updates the CRFM database and provide timely update to project staff based on the nature of the feedback.
· Ensures that feedback is recorded, reviewed and responded to in a timely manner and in line with feedback mechanism guidelines.
· Acts as the point of reference for beneficiaries, staff and stakeholders’ complaints.
· Ensures quality documentation, communication, reporting and visibility of INTERSOS and donors.
· Analyses patterns and trends of complaints received to help improve programming.
· Generates periodic reports and ensures the reports are shared with project teams and the MEAL department.
· Reviews accountability systems periodically and update any changes if deemed necessary in consultation with the Program Coordinator, MEAL Manager and PMs.
· Supports in compiling of monthly, mid-term and final reports as to donor requirements
· Participates in internal and external meetings related to humanitarian accountability.
· Leads in developing a responsive, functional and appropriate feed backing mechanism that can improve current project implementation and guide future programming.
· Ensures proper documentation of all reports, success stories and all relevant project files using both physical documentation methods and electronic database as necessary
· Facilitates adherence to all donor requirement in project implementation, including compliance in visibility display, reporting and success stories documenting.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
· Candidate should possess a degree in social science, international development, law, or a related field
· Minimum of 3 years in humanitarian and/or development context Working with (I)NGOs and with local communities
· Excellent communication, writing and IT skills
· Excellent skills in organization and information dissemination
· Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
· Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
· Strategic Vision
· Service Orientation
· Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
· Languages: fluency in English and Hausa
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY
applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 10th December 2020 at 4:00 PM