General-purpose of the position
Under the guidance of the MEAL Manager, contributes to the overall program quality through the coordination and
implementation of enhanced monitoring and evaluation, accountability, and learning strategies within the OFDA Response. Streamlines processes and tools for efficiency and effectiveness.
Job position – MEAL Officer
Work location – Roving Reporting to – MEAL Manager
Supervision of – N/A
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
• Participates in planning and undertaking surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the monitoring and evaluation of the program activities especially in relation to Protection data; Global Protection assessment, checklist, Incident record, KAP survey, FGD,KII.
• Monitoring of all project activities progress towards achieving the project output and outcomes.
• Establishes/Strengthens the complaints and response mechanism (CRM) in each location on the highest levels of
integrity which beneficiaries will trust and ensures that they can make confidential complaints and be confident of the
• Monitors complaints received and response (follow-up) processes through developing and maintaining a tracking
• Reports monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Program Managers inline
• Conducts capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation systems
• Participates in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Program Managers in preparing relevant reports
• Assists the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use
• Ensures MEAL reporting and data sets are consistent with mission-wide reporting requirements, of high quality and on time.
• Supervises development and implementation of Accountability and Complaints Response Mechanism, including
visibility and information sharing, receipt and logging of complaints, and provision of appropriate responses.
• Develops and supervises the logging and follow up on MEAL related feedback in a Program Feedback Tracker.
• Contributes towards review, revision and development of data collection tools, methodologies, and standardized
• Advanced university degree in a relevant study
• Minimum of 3 years in humanitarian and/or development context & 2 years as MEAL Officer;
• Experience in monitoring and evaluations for core donors (OFDA, UN, ECHO, etc.);
• Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
• Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
• Ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimum supervision
• Excellent command of English and local language oral and written
• Background/familiarity with Emergency.
• Strong interpersonal and team-building skills and excellence as a team player.
• Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
• Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentation etc.) are an added advantage.
• Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
Application deadline: apply no later than 10th December 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.
How to apply
This is a proposal position, and recruitment depends on funding. Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted