Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last.
Years of experience:- 3-4 years
Options Consultancy Services is seeking for an experienced State Advisor to lead the technical delivery of the E4A-MamaYe programme in Niger.
The Niger State Advisor will be responsible for the overall progress of E4A-MamaYe programme objectives in Niger. This will involve:
- Building capacity of advocacy coalitions and other strategic partners within Niger state
- Providing technical support on maternal and perinatal death surveillance and response (MPDSR) systems, digital technologies for the health sector, linking health systems data to health budget processes
- Providing state level project management and leading on the delivery of the programme workplan
- Communicating and disseminating programme progress; monitoring, evaluation and learning from activities
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s in sociology, anthropology, social statistics or a related subject
- Considerable experience in RNMCH programme implementation at facility and community levels
- Significant experience of engagement with government at State level and/or a background working within government
- Ability to deliver training modules that link quality of care data to policy, prioritisation and budget processes to different target audiences (local government, CSOs)
- Experience in advocacy and in analysing and presenting data for use in decision-making, action, accountability and/or advocacy
- Experience of packaging and communicating information for different audiences, and on different platforms (e.g. print/web/mobile/broadcast)
- Experience supporting or working with advocacy coalitions, SLAMs or other accountability mechanisms
- Technical knowledge of political and budgeting processes and legislation at national and State level (relevant to health)
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form here
- Closing date for applications is: 11th December 20202
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 14th December
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).