North East Regional Initiative (NERI) is an International Development Organization
Experience 2 years
Number of Positions: (10) Bassa (10) Mangu
Job Location: Plateau State
Contract Term: Short Time
The STTA Data Collector will be responsible for direct quantitative and qualitative data collection during rapid assessment in Plateau State (Bassa and Mangu). He/She will work with the STTA Lead Researcher, understanding community dynamics and how people across communities have/or will respond to conflict especially in Bassa and Mangu LGAs. This role calls for an analytical, quick thinker, ready to work in target LGAs of focus.
Reporting & Supervision:
The STTA Data Collector will report to the Rapid Assessment Consultant and the Director General-Plateau Peace Building Agency.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in intensive three-day training on data entry for tools developed and test the tools
- Conduct assessment and enter data on an ongoing basis in selected communities
- Clean data where needed on a daily basis and relay errors to consultant and Plateau state Peace Building agency
- Ensure data quality, control, analysis, and administration.
- Work with LGA Team to put together all assessment findings into a format agreed upon with the consultant
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of BSc in social sciences, humanities, or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Conversant with Plateau terrain.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in data collection preferably within the NGO sector.
- Ability to learn new methods and willingness to experiment and take risks.
- Ability to write clear English language evaluation reports
- Cost-and time-efficient research project management skills in research projects.
- Innovation and pushing the limits of technical and practical tasks; and
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Willingness to travel to research fields for data collection.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to understand NERI/PPBA needs.
- Initiative, drive and the ability to define research strategies from scratch.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants MUST submit the following documents to email@example.com by November 30th, 2020:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.