VA No. 012B
Job Title: Office Manager
Min. qualification: A degree in Business Administration or a related field of study.
Organization: GIZ Nigeria, ECOWAS Trade Facilitation Project (WATIP II)
Salary: According to GIZ salary scale for Band 3
Closing Date of advert 04.12.2020
GIZ. Solutions that work.
We provide services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe, with the German Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations and governments of other countries all benefiting from our services. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is our main commissioning party, but we also work with the private sector, fostering successful interaction between development policy and foreign trade.
All these commissioning parties place their trust in GIZ by working together with us to generate ideas for political, social and economic change, develop these into concrete plans and implement the envisaged change processes. Since we are a public-benefit federal enterprise, German and European values are central to our work. This makes us a reliable service provider that people can trust. Together with our partners, we work to deliver flexible and effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
The registered offices of GIZ are in Bonn and Eschborn. In 2019, we generated a business volume of around EUR 3.1 billion. Our 22,199 employees, almost 70 per cent of whom are national staff, work in around 120 countries. As a recognised development service provider, we currently have 556 development workers in action in partner countries. Furthermore, in 2019, the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM), which is run jointly by GIZ and the German Federal Employment Agency, placed 262 integrated experts and 515 returning experts with local employers in our partner countries, or provided them with financial support, advice or other services.*
*Personnel and business figures as at 31 December 2019
Since 2006, GIZ through the commissioning and funding of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has implemented the “Support Programme to
the Commission of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)”. Support to the ECOWAS Commission in the field of trade and customs reform attempts to bring coordinated and farreaching assistance to address the challenges of trade facilitation in the West African sub-region. The project is funded by the European Union (EU) and BMZ funds.
Responsibilities & tasks:
The Office Manager will:
• Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Programme Provide logistics management, incl. event management (flight, hotel, conference
• Engage with other GIZ Offices in the ECOWAS region, many of which are French-speaking only
• Support daily maintenance of office facilities
• File documents in reference files or in Document Management System (DMS) in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Task Overview:
• Responsible for daily communications including maintenance of calendar and appointments for the office.
• Provide effective and timely planning, management and coordination of logistics support operations, incl. event management in the ECOWAS region
• Support the travel requests of the regional Programme including visas, advances, transport and accommodation needs
• Coordinate and liase with procurement and finance officers to get goods and services required for staff and the Programme
• Assists in creating and maintaining a filing system for the office, treats information confidentially, specifically in the areas of staff and finance
• Facilitate events such as conferences, workshops, seminars and meetings
• Oversee the arrangement of office space and necessary equipment for all staff and ensure that all furniture and equipment are in proper order
• Oversee management of drivers and vehicles, ensuring timely services, issuing fuel, recording log-books and maintenance of vehicles
• Review, on a monthly basis the driver’s log book and track
fuel consumption, maintenance, oil consumption and movement of vehicles
• Maintain inventory of project equipment and supplies
• Ensured that guests are well attended to
- General Tasks:
• Interpret and translate documents as required
• Ensure consistent implementation of GIZ and EU
• Establish and maintain relationships with
- Other duties/additional tasks
• Perform other work-related duties as required
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
• A degree in Business Administration or a related field of
• 1-3 years professional experience as office manager/office
• Spoken and written language skills in both, English and
French is required.
• Proven experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Excellent planning and organising skills
• Ability to contribute to complex technical assistance
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to appreciate cultural and ethnic diversity
• Excellent diplomacy and persuasion skills
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation
as one document with complete contact details via email to:
(Please include vacancy no. 012B in mail subject)
GIZ Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women
are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted