Greatland Farm Commenced operations due to the need to fill the gap in the rising population and the need to feed the growing population while also contributing to Nigeria’s food basket through the production and distribution of eggs and meat with plans to increase capacity to other areas of animal husbandry.
Our farms boast of seasoned professionals and our strong collaboration with experienced global giants in the areas of chick hatchery, eggs and broiler production using state of the art equipment to serve the growing local demand for meat and protein and also helping in zero dependence on imported poultry produce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Supervisor
Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Broiler Supervisor who would supervise and coordinate the activity of workers engaged in raising poultry, and maintaining equipment and facilities on our poultry farm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assign workers to duties, such as collecting eggs, feeding birds, cleaning and fumigating bird houses.
- Ensuring proper lighting and ventilation in the bird house
- Ensure dead or sick birds are removed to avoid spread of disease
- Monitoring broiler behavior to detect any signs of illness
- Transporting broilers to processing plants
- Restocking enclosures with young birds
- Keeping detailed record of activities
- Supervising and managing performance of subordinates
- Ensure compliance with safety and hygiene standards of the farm
Qualification and Requirements
- Candidates should possess OND qualification with 1-4 years work experience
- Minimum 5 months live poultry experience in a similar environment
- Good leadership and supervisory skill
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize task and work load
- Self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative and sense of urgency.
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated and detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.