Camilla Brook Place (Creche,Preschool and Primary) is a contemporary educational facility dedicated to the early years of childhood education.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pre-Nursery and Nursery Teacher
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Providing care and support to children in a safe, secure, loving and comfortable environment to learn.
- Planning learning opportunities that are structured for maximum participation (e.g. individual, partner, and small-group activities; non-elimination activities; activities that require no wait time).
- Motivating and stimulating the children’s learning abilities by encouraging learning through experience.
- Researching and understanding each child’s development stage and learning ability to help you in the planning of individualized lesson plan.
- Researching and introducing new, innovative and creative teaching methods and learning activities.
- Treating children with dignity and respect and meeting the needs of the individual child with an awareness of their interests, special talents/needs, cultural background, and individual learning styles.
- Developing children’s curiosity and knowledge.
- Working with others, including caregivers to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors.
- Facilitate the learning of letter sounds using Jolly Phonics.
- Good knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
- Observation of each child is key – record observation using post-it notes, observation boards and observation folders.
- Link each observation to a child’s developmental stage (age-based) to monitor progress.
- Submit a quarterly/end of season report for each child in your group.
- Set up learning centres indoors and outdoors.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the school.
Qualifications and Skills
- NCE / HND / B.Sc / B.Ed qualification with 1 – 5 years work experience.
- Ability to build good relationships with children, parents/carers and colleagues.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to work in a team but also to use your own initiative.
- Ability to manage classes well and deal with challenging behavior.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Patience and a good sense of humor.
- Love being with children.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Innovative and prepared to take risks.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Ready to learn.
- Any field of study but willing to be a registered teacher within a year of employment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a school setting with children within the age range 0 – 5 years.
- Minimum 1 out of 3 years’ experience with the EYFS and / Common Core Curriculum.
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2020.