Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Grants Officer – Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 1 year, with possibility of extension for additional four years.
Number of Positions: 2
Project Overview and Role
Nigeria SCALE project is a USAID-funded 5-year project (Oct 08, 2020 – Oct 07, 2025), implemented by Palladium in collaboration with the local resource partners. The goal of the Nigeria SCALE project is to strengthen the financial, management and advocacy capacity of local civil society organizations (CSOs) and Business Membership Organizations (BMOs) in Nigeria to create a more accountable, transparent, peaceful, and democratic Nigeria with more effective and efficient public service delivery.
The SCALE project supports civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities. The project is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
The project has five main components:
- Component One – Improve CSO organizational capacity,
- Component Two – Enhance capacity for CSO advocacy, collaboration and management,
- Component Three – Improve the policy and regulatory environment for civil society,
- Component Four – Countering Trafficking in Persons (CTIP), and
- Component Five – Sector strengthening and advocacy.
The Grants/Compliance Officer will manage grants portfolios, in accordance with Palladium’s and USAID policies and procedures. Maintains project systems for promoting, screening, approving, and managing grants.
The position reports to Grants Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the technical team in identifying qualified resource partners and civil society organizations eligible for grants.
- Prepares grant documents and follow the required administrative processes as per the grants manual for identifying eligible organizations.
- Prepares and processes grant applications and oversees grant management and implementation for all project opportunities.
- Implements grant activities at the state level under the various project components.
- Ensures all sub-awards comply with the rules and regulations of governments and other multilateral donors
- Strengthens and maintains the necessary administrative structures and interdepartmental processes to ensure grant transparency, smooth implementation, reporting, requisite controls, and monitoring
- Serves as primary point of contact for post-award grants implementation and ensures that all grant files are complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Reviews internal documents and processes for compliance from time to time.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the manager.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or any other relevant field. Bachelor’s Degree with at least 6 years of experience in grant, Business, Finance, Accounting, or any other relevant field can be substituted for an Advanced Degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing grants for donor organizations. Experience with USAID grants management system highly preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets and client expectations.
- Able to communicate effectively and have excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels;
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, email, internet)
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online