FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Associate
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisor: IT Officer
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- The IT Associate will provide support and maintenance to the Borno State Office computer equipment and network infrastructure to ensure stable operations
- S/he will assist the IT Officer in implementing new IT solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity and will maintain/support implemented systems to ensure high end-user satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in monitoring and troubleshooting Server Systems and Networks, automated backup and restore operations and mission critical applications such as email, file/print services and other line of business applications to allow IT respond proactively to emerging problems and perform ongoing IT “housekeeping” functions.
- Perform installations of operating systems, layered products, and third party products for multi-user computer systems that host corporate applications, databases and websites.
- Assist and perform software installations and upgrades as required.
- Assist in providing IT training on a periodic basis to project staff as assigned by manager.
- Perform daily and periodic backups of all data on the servers.
- Ensure communication devices (mobile phones, walkie talkies, CODAN radios, satellite phones) are working properly.
- Ensure timely updates to Server and Client Systems. Study and apply Security patches and other updates or service packs as required by supervisor.
- Provide on-going training to end-users and update of user manuals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.S / B.A Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Or M.S / M.A Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Candidate must possess Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience with a multi-site network (at least 3 sites) with a minimum of 200 users is highly desirable.
- VSAT experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel on hardware and software needs.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server administration and Networking including Active Directory, Network Services – Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS) etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and performance monitor applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Software Engineering, Software Development, Analysis, Project Management and Database development. Strong Competency in developing and debugging applications in languages/platforms including but not limited to C#, ASP.Net, PHP, Microsoft SQL, MySQL etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of web based, client/server and mobile applications.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online