Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Join any of these Groups to receive Jobs and Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp and Telegram;
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Beiersdorf
Location: Yola, Adamawa State
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is to support the implementation of the Beiersdorf Project in Adamawa state of Nigeria.
- The purpose of this role is to provide timely, accurate information on project implementation and ensure that monitoring and evaluation are in line with specific project FAD/donor requirements.
- The role’s support is to achieve accountability, transparency and programme quality in project locations. The post holder is to ensure that project activities are in line with the Logical Framework and relevant guidelines.
Dimension of the Role
- Communicates with the M&E Manager and across Plan International Nigeria and field level implementing partners. The post holder will support the establishment and utilization of a systematic Monitoring and Evaluation system for the project.
- The post holder will interface and support programme team members and programme coordination.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
In collaboration with the Project Manager, M&E Manager and other relevant staff, the M&E officer will:
- Support the development and implementation of program M&E plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities
- Contribute to the monthly and quarterly project target review sessions.
- Support the development of data flow pattern for project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Support to ensure that M&E-specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Support leadership at project location level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Field team and the M&E Manager, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Lead efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audit
- Support field level partners staff, community-based project management committee (CBPMC) and enumerators in designing, developing and deploying tools for community-based selection criteria for the selection of beneficiaries.
- Lead in the conduct of assessments, field level Market price, and post distribution monitoring, data collection, analysis and reporting of results.
- Facilitate M&E capacity-building activities with project staff and implementing partners
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Human Resource Development:
- Supports the orientation, on-going development/training and builds capacity of field level and community-based staff to ensure a high level of expertise in line with organisational requirements
Learning And Knowledge Management:
- Shares information within the project team about M&E findings and lessons learnt in a systematic timely manner.
- More specifically shares information within the project team about pre/post distribution monitoring, findings and lessons learnt in a systematic timely manner.
- Shares information within the programme team about M&E approaches and supports the documentation of lessons learnt, approaches and good practices.
- Facilitates processes for internal and external knowledge sharing with Donor and among Donor Cooperating Partner Agencies in the northeast and supports such processes between regions
- Participates in global/regional projects/networks as requested
- Support resource mobilisation efforts of proposal writing and related engagement.
Dealing With Problems:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Manage multiple priorities and work with distant colleagues to form a virtual efficient administration team;
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the M&E Manager for consideration
- Prepare and submit relevant information for programme reports and proposals for Plan International domestic and international consumption as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Provide advice and support to Plan International Nigeria’s programme delivery and resource mobilisation.
- Work with other members of the programme the units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree and minimum of 3 years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluating programs, with an organization with a robust M&E component.
- Prior experience with Plan International or related non-governmental organization is preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse national and international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Excel/Word document)
- Ability to travel nationally
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behavior
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
- Based in Yola, Adamawa State with travel to project intervention locations to ensure that project is effectively monitored
Level Of Contact With Children
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have medium to high contact with children. It is expected that children and the vulnerable shall be protected at all times.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Join any of these Groups to receive Jobs and Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp and Telegram;