Location: Bama & Gwoza
Position Status: Full-time Salary Level: 4
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps Nigeria’s humanitarian program aims to provide assistance to populations affected by the crisis in Northeast Nigeria. With funding from Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA), Mercy Corps will continue its engagement in several interventions including but not limited to food assistance, nonfood items, nutrition, protection, livelihoods, WASH and capacity building of humanitarian response actors. Mercy Corps is scaling-up and expanding its humanitarian response in Northeast Nigeria to reach more beneficiaries with additional assistance in a wider geographic area under the project titled
Addressing Diverse and Acute Primary Threats (ADAPT) to Human Security in North Eastern Nigeria.
Join any of these Groups to receive Jobs and Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp and Telegram;
General Position Summary
The Cash Transfer Program Officer is responsible for the implementation of all CTP related activities including the development of a strategy document. With the support of the Senior CTP Program Officer and Cash Coordinator, S/he will plan and supervise all CTP activities, liaise with community and local government stakeholders. The CTP Officer will attend all CTP related local level coordination meeting and provide regular update to the Senior CTP Program Officer.
S/he will be the focal point for all CTP the respective location and will work closely with other sectors leads.
Essential Job Responsibilities
STRATEGY & VISION
- Oversee the implementation of Cash Program Interventions in his/her respective location.
- Contribute to all Cash Transfer Program related field work including community mobilization of program beneficiary, beneficiary identification/registration, distributions and monitoring.
- Ensure beneficiaries are targeted using gender lens and vulnerability criteria across different Cash related interventions.
- Coordinate payment procedures, including documentation, and reporting to ensure accountability to donor and the organization.
- Oversee administrative matters relating to Cash Transfer Program such as timesheet submission, payment schedules, and other documentation and follow up with relevant departments.
- Contribute in the development of CTP strategy, activity work plans, procurement plan and program updates/reports.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other program staff.
- Work with the Senior CTP Program Officer to prepare monthly cash requirement forecast for CTP activities.
- Provide information on CVA activities as requested by the Program Manager, Cash Coordinator, Senior CTP Program Officer or MEL team.
- Establish and maintain effective program reporting, and monitoring and evaluation systems (to track, analyze and report on results) for both internal and external use;
- Integrate community approaches, protection mainstreaming, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate;
- Ensure program filing system is in place, adheres to internal and donor regulation and filing is regularly maintained;
- Adhere to all MC policies related to security, operations and transport/ logistics information related to programming.
- Provide weekly field reports, capturing activities progress, lessons learned, success stories on the program
- Coordinate with MC Security focal point and Senior CTP Officer on any threats to MC staff and activities.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversee program startup and ongoing program management and administration of teams across various field locations.
- Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities and partners and consistent with Mercy Corps’ relevant program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards and strategic plan.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Develop program implementation strategies, including partnership frameworks, beneficiary targeting and distribution process as well as psychosocial and capacity building of partners.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts.
- Create and maintain systems ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and Mercy Corps policies and procedures.
- Fulfill Mercy Corps’ Program Management Minimum Standards based on the organizationwide guide.
- Ensure all interventions adhere to Mercy Corps’ Gender Policy, Do No Harm principles, and beneficiary accountability standards.
- Develop the capacity of the team, deepen understanding of their roles and assist with career development.
- Assist team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on ones and performance reviews.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Hire, orient and lead team members as necessary.
FINANCE & COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to emergency programming.
- Draft and/or review scope of work to hire and manage any technical consultants, including review for technical efficacy and contract budget.
INFLUENCE & REPRESENTATION
- Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with other sectors, vendors, local governments and other stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are met.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Reports Directly To: Senior CTP Program Officer
Works Directly With: Finance, Program (Cash, WASH, Shelter, Food Security, Nutrition, Protection), MEL, and Operation Teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- BA/Sc. in relevant field required;
- 3 years of experience working on the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program;
- At least 2 years’ knowledge and experience of Cash Transfer Programming using e-vouchers within the humanitarian or development context is required.
- Experience in the implementation of MPCA, Food Security, Livelihood, WASH and Shelter is preferred
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills ● Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills ● Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude. Ideally s/he will be very committed and willingness to learn and work in remote locations. S/he is a problem solver, an effective community mobilizer who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity. S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team that share ideas and learn.
Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Submission of Application:
Interested candidates are requested to click HERE to create an account using your email address. Kindly indicate under the source question that you are a Current (or Former) Mercy Corps Team Member. on or before 24th March, 2021.
“Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of Mercy Corps’ vision, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, especially women and members of disadvantaged groups to apply. Mercy Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer”.
Join any of these Groups to receive Jobs and Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp and Telegram;